Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mandingo



I didn't purposely clip this ad, since the movie wasn't interesting to me at the time, as it wasn't about monsters, sci-fi or Kung Fu. But as I was scanning in the ads I did clip, I found this intact on the other side of one I had saved while living in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. So, here you go, from 1975! Just shows that movies like "Jungle Fever" were nothing new. It must have been popular, since it was, as the title of this blog says, "Held Over!"

Notice the intentional resemblance the ad has to that of "Gone With The Wind," which was set around the same time period. During the 1970's the interracial theme was surely more controversial than now... but people from both sides of the tracks have been hitching a ride on the love train for as long as they've been around each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment