Monday, October 20, 2008

ST III: The Search For Spock

Clipped from the Beckley Register-Herald (WV) in June of 1984.

This movie came out before the internet was widely used, so there were still secrets kept right up until the day or so before release. And unless you picked up the novelization and read it in those couple of days before the movie premiered, you could still go in and be surprised. Today, unless you hide under a rock, it's hard to go see a movie that has a lot of fans like Trek and not know more than you want to already.

1 comment:

  1. That's some of my favorite Star Trek poster art. I think it was used more memorably on the initial VHS release box art and its way better than the theatrical poster, which I think was mostly a big crystaline looking Spock head in the middle.

    Did you live in Beckley, Frederick? Beckley is the hometown of one of my best friends from college. I've only been once or twice but its a nice little city. I'm hoping to go back up there sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete